Why choose an advertisement for newspaper?
Advertisement for Newspaper has been around longer than any other form of advertising. We see today and is still the first kind of advertising that businesses think about doing. These ads can do a lot more than just advertise one item or one sale. Each one can work really hard to bring in customers and then bring them back repeatedly. They’re a good way to reach a large number of people. Especially that aged 38-plus who tend to read the paper more frequently than younger demographic groups who tend to get their news from television, radio, and the internet. So you can target your ads to the appropriate markets by requesting that your ads run in the section(s). So that most closely relates to your target audience, be it sports, lifestyle, or business.
Advertisement for newspaper:
At a time when TV and radio audiences are fragmented and direct mail costs are rising, nothing beats a daily newspaper for reach, affordability, flexibility, and impact.
Advertisement in newspaper offers the broadest reach of any mass medium:
- An average issue of a daily or Sunday newspaper reaches more adults than an average half-hour of prime-time television.
- The Monitor’s daily and Sunday readership is more than three times the number of people who listen to the region’s most popular radio station.
- You can hit every household with direct mail, but is anyone paying attention? Research indicates anywhere from half to three-quarters of all direct mail goes straight to the trash, unopened and unread.
Affordable advertisement in the newspaper:
- Newspaper advertising costs less per thousand readers than TV, direct mail, and radio advertising.
- Newspaper campaigns require no out-of-pocket costs for creative materials. We’ll even build your ad for the lowest cost.
- Newspaper campaigns tailored to any budget. The medium offers a variety of ad sizes to fit your budget goals, from a one-column-inch ad to two full-page ads side by side called a double-truck.
- Because newspaper advertising is so affordable, it is an ideal medium to build “top of mind” awareness with frequency campaigns.
The Role of Advertising in Newspapers
Revenues from sales of advertising pay for the bulk of the costs of newspaper production. That’s why the reading public pays so little for its newspaper.
What is advertising?
An advertisement is a message designed to sell the advertiser’s goods or services to prospective buyers.
Types of newspaper advertising
There are two types of newspaper advertising – display and classified. Newspaper display advertising is a written message. Often accompanied by an illustration or photograph, which can be placed in any section of the newspaper. A classified ad refers to those advertisements that are separated into specific classifications and located in one or more sections of the newspaper.
Two types of display ads are found in the newspaper – Classified and Commercial Display. New product promotions need to advertise on a nationwide basis. For example automobiles and brand names or retail chains. Advertisement on the newspaper locally is to promote local or regional or national products.
Placing a display advertisement? These Ads are charged by the amount of space the ad occupies in the newspaper. The price of the space varies with certain factors:
Newspaper circulation (the larger the circulation the higher the price charged)
Size of ad
Use of color
Guaranteed position in the newspaper
Day the advertisement runs